Friday, November 26, 2021

3D parts for D1 in 7mm and 4mm scales

 Just started to put together an old 7mm Albion Models D1 tank and found I haven't got all the castings, so decided to draw and print my own. Also, as I now have a higher resolution printer, I printed them at 4mm scale as well as 7mm scale. I see I haven't included the 4mm springs but the rest are there.

Parts drawn are:

1. Motion drop in with early style pump. 2. Cab backhead, splashers and reversing gear. 3. Cab rear with brake, coal door, sandbox/toolbox, dampers. 4. Chimney. 5. Cylinder cover and angle plate. 6. Dome with safety valves. 7. Whistle. 8. tank top exhaust steam dome. 9. Clack valves. 10 Cab roof. 11. tank top water fillers. 12. Can/guard communicator. 13. Cab Steam/Brake pressure gauges. 14. Smokebox door and dart. 15. Lower firebox/ashpan sides, front and rear. 16. Sandbox filler caps. 17. Smokebox front cylinder screw lubricators. 18. Front wheel lubricator oil boxes. 19. Smokebox LHS and RHS lubricator/blower controls. 20. Brake blocks for leading and driving wheels. 21. Brake blocks for trailing wheel. 22. Westinghouse pump. 23. Leading wheel leaf springs. 24. Driving wheel volute springs. 25. Trailing wheel leaf springs.


4mm to left, 7mm to right.

I have just realised I didn't print the 4mm loco springs. 

I aim to produce a set for the E1 also as I have a couple of them to build as well.

Cheers, Ian



No comments: